The Pirandello Lyceum awards college scholarships to high school seniors. Applicants must exhibit the following:
- High academic average
- Studied Italian in high school
- High SAT scores
- Intend to study Italian in college
- Intend to spend a semester abroad in Italy
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Financial need
- Family involvement in Italian Community
Scholarship Recipient must be present at the ceremony to receive scholarship funds
Requirements for Application :
- High School Transcript
- Copy of SAT Scores
- A completed application form
- Two Letters of Recommendation from High School Teachers (preferably one from an Italian Language Teacher)
- A single page essay on why you are deserving of this scholarship and the importance of Italian culture in your life. Note: You must also explain specifics of financial need, if applicable.
Download Application Here. Incomplete applications will not be accepted by the Scholarship Committee.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Postmarked by April 1st.
Application must be mailed to:
The Pirandello Lyceum
P.O. Box 565
East Boston, MA 02128
The Pirandello Lyceum is an organization that aims to encourage a greater understanding and appreciation of Italian culture among all people. Its various programs reflect significant accomplishments of Italian thinkers in the areas of art, science, culture, and humanitarianism. Established by a group of professionals from the academic and business communities in Massachusetts, its activities have been recognized with support from the Massachusetts Council of the Arts and Humanaties, the Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy, and private contributors. It is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization.