Whatsapp has become one of the most popular web-based apps. But the users often face many common bugs or errors. The most common of them all is WhatsApp web not responding or not working. There are some solutions to the problem of Whatsapp not loading and it can be easily fixed.
What is Web Client Feature of WhatsApp
In January this year (2015), WhatsApp came with a feature called Web Client. Using Web Client feature makes it possible to access WhatsApp on Computer via an HTTP web browser. I’ve tested it on my Linux box and it worked without any issue. The best thing is it doesn’t require you to download and install any piece of Application/software on your Device (Mobile Phone and Linux Box). This article aims at throwing light on setting up a web.whatsapp.com on Linux desktop.
Things you should know about Web Client
- Web Client is an extension of your phone.
- The HTTP Web Browser mirror conversation and a message from your mobile device.
- All your message and conversation sits at your mobile device.
- Your mobile device must remain connected to the internet while it is mirrored by the HTTP browser.
What can I use WhatsApp Web for in a company?
This is a fairly versatile tool that you can use for:
- Customer service and attention: It opens an effective and immediate communication channel, in which you can also send and receive images, screenshots, computer graphics, receipts, etc.
- Marketing: You can inform your clients and prospective clients about your promotions, offers, events, news, and new content. It also serves as a tool to capture leads through the creation of linked landing pages and to increase your sales overall.
- Ordering and booking: It has been proven that most WhatsApp users prefer to place orders and bookings by this means rather than by voice call, as messages leave a reliable record that can be better tracked.
- Internal Communication: WhatsApp serves to coordinate internal and external work teams, as it has covered practically all over the world. It allows you, among other things, to make low-cost calls and check the location of your collaborators.
- If you are going to use WhatsApp Web Chat as a work tool, always establish a guide of behavior and internal language and facing the client. Train your users in the correct use of the application and avoid the use of telephones and personal numbers. Use WhatsApp’s business application instead, this way you will project seriousness and confidence.
The app now also makes it easier to recognize verified businesses. There are 3 levels of verification, according to WhatsApp’s FAQ.
- Verified. WhatsApp has verified that an authentic brand owns this account. A verified account has a green checkmark badge in its profile.
- Confirmed. WhatsApp has confirmed that the phone number of this account matches the phone number for this business. A confirmed account has a grey checkmark badge in its profile.
- Business account. This account is using the WhatsApp Business app but hasn’t been confirmed nor verified by WhatsApp. A business account has a grey question mark badge in its profile.
The web version is simply a mirror of your phone, which means that your phone has to be connected to the Web at all times for this to work. Due to Apple platform limitations, it is also not available for iOS users at this time. While it is stated that it is for Chrome only, I have been able to get it working on Chromium and Opera too. I guess that it might work on other Webkit-based browsers as well.